A common north Indian meal called besan kadhi is created using yoghurt and besan as the major components, along with a variety of spices, and is served with gram-flour pakoras. Kadhi is a well-liked lunch food in all Indian homes and is typically served with boiled rice.
The word “Kadhi” in Hindi refers to a yoghurt sauce that has been simmered for a considerable amount of time. The term “pakora” refers to gram flour-based fritters (besan). The besan kadhi pakora recipe is made of seasonings to make the fritters. This is a cuisine that is prepared in different ways and included in both North and Western styles.
This is a dish that can be improved in taste by adding different ingredients to it. The taste of the recipe is creamy and spicy. This recipe is prepared in different regions in different ways.
If you want to include it in your meal and want to enjoy the taste then here we have dahi besan kadhi Kaise banate hai.
- Gas stove
- Deep Pan
- 2 cups Dahi
- 1 cup Besan
- ½ tsp Red Chilly
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin (jeera)
- Salt according to taste
- 1 Green chilli (chopped)
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon ajwain
- ½ teaspoon Garammasala powder
- 8-10 curry leaves
- Prepare Besan Kadhi – If you wish to prepare dahi besan ki kadhi then first add ⅕ glass of water and add 3 spoons besan in it.
- Cut 2 chillies into pieces and add them to dahi. Add some amount of salt to it according to the taste.
- After that, beat the mixture with bitterness in such a way that there are no lumps in it.
- Once you have added all this, allow besan ki kadhi to boil properly, so that it doesn't harm you later.
- Making Pakora for kadhi – Include 1 cup of finely chopped onions. total weight: about 150 grams.
- Take a bowl with 1 cup of gram flour (besan). Add red chilli powder, ajwain, gaeam masala powder and salt according to taste.
- Combine everything thoroughly, cover, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After that, add water as needed to create a thick batter. Then, put in 1/4 cup of water. If the mixture is excessively wet, you can also for go adding water.
- In a pan or kadai, heat oil for deep frying. With a spoon, drop the pakora batter into the oil when it is medium-hot.
- Fry the pakora until they are golden and crisp,turning them over a few times to ensure even cooking.
- The cooked pakora should be removed and placed on a kitchen paper towel to absorb any leftover oil. This is how to fry the pakora in batches. When finished, set each one aside.
- Once you are ready with your pakora and kadhi, then add them to your kadhi.
- After that, your besan ki kadhi is ready to serve. You can enjoy it with roti as well as chawal/rice.
- If the curd is not sour, then the kadhi won’t be sour, but the taste will still be good.
- Use mustard oil if possible for deep frying onion pakora and the kadhi.
- Don’t skip curry leaves for tadka.
- Use a large bottomed pot for making this recipe.
Try this besan kadhi pakora recipe at your home and hope you would love it!
Frequently Ask Questions:-
Q.) Can I make the kadhi with pakoras?
Yes, you can surely make this recipe with pakoras and this is one of the dishes that taste good.
Q.) Do Maharashtrians make Kadhi?
Maharashtrians do make besan kadhi and include it in their meal.
Q.) Is besan curry healthy?
Good bacteria are abundant in besan kadhi, which is beneficial for gut health so, it enhances food absorption and aids in maintaining healthy gut flora.
Q.) Is besan curry good for weight loss?
Besan curry is healthy for your heart, helps you lose weight, and strengthens your immune system.
Q.) Does kadhi cause gas?
The Mumbai-based nutritionist adds that it also serves as a preventative measure for migraines and mood swings in addition to lowering bloating, constipation, and acne.