About Bread Pakora Recipe
Bread Pakora recipe is the most popular in north Indian and famous street food in India. This is a very popular recipe and easy to make. Bread Pakora is a very common snack and made easily at home. It is also a great option for cafes, eateries, tiffin centers and various snacks corners in India.
This recipe is made in two ways –
- Without Stuffed
Stuffed types of bread pakoda are often made with mashed spicy potatoes having a delicious taste, also known as Aloo bread pakora. Bread pakora cab be served with tomato sauce or dhania pudina ki chutney.
We can also stuffed paneer or cheese in bread. All of these stuffing recipes are very fond and delicious.
The second type of bread pakora is made without the stuffing, made by cutting slices of bread into triangle pieces. After that dipping them into besan flour batter and deep fry them in oil.
The besan bread pakora is ready and we can also make also some recipes from these such as plain bread pakora, mini bread pakora and bread pakora sandwiches.
Bread Pakora is prepared from bread and mashed potatoes. For making, this recipe first boils the potatoes and mashed them properly and fries them with spices.
Then cut the bread into triangle pieces, top with potato stuffing, and then cover it with another piece of bread. After that coat, it is a dip with gram flour batter and deep fry it in oil.
Steps To Make Bread Pakora Recipe
Bread Pakora Recipe (Bread Pakoda)
- 1 Gas stove
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Deep Pan
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 KitchenAid Blender
- 1 Spatula
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- 4 – 5 Pcs. Bread Brown bread or White bread
- 1 Medium Onion Fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped (cilantro leaves)
- 1 to 2 pcs. Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Garlic-Ginger Paste
- ½ tsp Chat Masala Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Five Spices (Panch foran)
- 1 cup Gram Flour Besan
- ½ tbsp Salt According to Taste
- Oil for deep fry – as required
- Making Potato Stuffing – For making the bread pakoda recipe, take four medium-sized potatoes and wash them well. Then take a pressure cooker, pour two cups of water into it.
- Then set the lid of the pressure cooker and cook until when gets two whistling on medium flame. Now switch off the gas and the cooker is removed from the gas stove.
- After pressure, release open the lid of the pressure cooker. Peel these potatoes after cooling and mashed them in a bowl from a masher.
- Then take a non-stick Pan. Heat on medium flame and pour two tablespoons of oil into it. Heat the oil and add one pinch of Five Spices (Panch foran) to it.
- When its gets popping then adds finely chopped green chillies to it. Then add finely chopped ginger and onions to it and stir well on medium flame after 2 minutes add garlic-ginger paste and saute them with the help of a spatula. After 40 seconds add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and amchur powder to it.
- Fry them on medium flame until the aroma of spices comes out good. Now add boiled and mashed potatoes to this fried masala and also add coriander leaves and a little salt in it according to its taste and mix them well. the
Making Batter –
- For coating the bread pakora recipe, we take a bowl and pour two cups of besan into it.
- Add one pinch of turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt into it according to its taste.
- Add half a cup of water into it and mix them well like a deep liquid consistency. Now the besan batter is ready for coating pakora.
For Making Process Of Bread Pakora
- Take a non-stick pan and pour oil into it for deep frying. Heat the pan on medium flame and cut all bread into triangles pieces.
- Then take a triangle piece of bread, and stuff it with bread pakora masala or fried mashed potatoes.
- Now put another triangle piece upon it and dip them in besan batter. Pour this stuffed and coated bread in oil and deep fry them on medium flame.
- Fry them on both sides well and now the bread pakora is ready, then remove it from the oil. Serve the bread pakora on a serving plate, with sprinkled chat masala. Serve with tomato ketchup or other chutneys.
- Avoid using new potatoes.
- You can add several variations to the recipe by adding different combinations of spices and herbs both in the gram flour batter as well as in the potato stuffing.
- Make a medium-consistency batter. A thick batter will be dense and not have a soft, fluffy outer texture.