Chai is a beloved drink around the world. Its rich and creamy texture, paired with a warm blend of spices, makes it the perfect beverage for any time of day. Whether you’re looking to start your morning off right or want to unwind after a long day, chai is always a great choice. In this article, we’ll be sharing our favourite chai recipe that’s perfect for a cosy evening at home.
So grab your favourite mug and let’s get started!
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s go over the ingredients you’ll need to make the perfect chai. Make sure you have all of these ingredients on hand before you start making your chai. You don’t want to get halfway through the recipe and realize you’re missing something!
How to make a Chai at home
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Milk
- 2-3 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Tea leaves or tea bags
- ¼ inch Spices: cinnamon
- 1 pc. cardamom
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 pcs, cloves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Boil water in a saucepan or kettle.
- Once the water has boiled, add your tea leaves or tea bags. Let it steep for about 3-5 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, prepare your spices. Crush 2-3 cardamom pods, break a cinnamon stick into smaller pieces, grate a small piece of ginger, and crush a few cloves and black pepper pods.
- After the tea has steeped, strain it into a separate pot or saucepan. Add your spices and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add milk and sweetener to the pot. You can use any type of milk you prefer, such as dairy, almond, or soy milk. Add sugar or honey to taste.
- Heat the mixture on low heat until it is hot but not boiling.
- Once the chai is heated through, strain it into your favourite mug and enjoy!
- Experiment with different types of tea leaves and spices to find the flavour combination you like best.
- Use fresh, high-quality spices for the best taste.
- Don’t let the tea steep for too long, as it can become bitter.
- Use a strainer or cheesecloth to remove any large pieces of spices from the chai.
- Adjust the amount of milk and sweetener to your liking.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative with your chai! Add a dash of vanilla extract or a sprinkle of nutmeg for a unique twist.
Making chai tea at home is easier than you might think. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of know-how, you can enjoy a delicious, authentic cup of chai tea in no time. We hope this guide has been helpful in teaching you how delicious and easy it can be to make chai at home?
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, you can make chai without milk. Simply omit the milk and add more water to the recipe. You can also use a non-dairy milk alternative.
Yes, you can use a tea bag instead of loose tea leaves. Just make sure to steep the tea bag in boiling water for 3-5 minutes before adding your spices and milk.
You can store leftover chai in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure to reheat it on the stove or in the microwave before drinking.