Dal Palak Paratha or Parotta is a homemade recipe that is made from mixed Dal, nutrients rich Spinach or Palak leaves and wheat flour or Atta flour. The medley of spices gives it to flavoury and spicy touch. Dal Palak paratha can be served with Butter, curd and green chutney.
About This Recipe
Dal Palak Paratha is a homemade recipe that is easy to make and takes very less of time. This recipe is a very old and traditional food which is stuffed in paratha means a few changes make this recipe something new and a little different. This recipe is too healthy because all the ingredients this recipe consist of too much many nutritive substances. So we all try to make this recipe and enjoy its taste. Now following is the process of this healthy recipe Dal Palak paratha.
Dal Palak Paratha Recipe | Dhaba Style
- 1 cup Mix Pulses Daal
- ½ cup Spinach finely chopped
- 3 cups Flour, (atta)
- ½ tsp Cumin (Jeera)
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Dhaniya powder)
- 2 pcs. Green Chopped Chillies
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Kasturi methi
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (Heeng)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Chaat-Masala
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- Olive Oil or Ghee
- To make this Palak Dal paratha recipe firstly divide its procedure into three steps. So we start to make this recipe in the first step. In this step firstly take a bowl.
- Pour mixed pulses in it and wash them very well. Then take a pressure cooker and place it on gas. Now pour mix pulses and add one and a half cups water in it.
- Add one teaspoon turmeric powder to it. Adding also one pinch of heeng in it and add salt according to its taste.
- Then set the lid of the pressure cooker and wait for its whistling. Switch on the gas and cook it on medium flame.
- After two whistles, shimmer the gas on low flame and then two minutes later, switch off the gas. Now, wait till the pressure is released from the pressure cooker and then open the lid of the pressure cooker. You get the dal is cooked.
- Now in the second step take a non-stick pan and heat it on medium flame. Then pour one teaspoon olive oil or ghee in it and heat it well.
- Then add curry leaves and jeera in it. When it’s start to pop then add one tablespoon ginger-garlic paste and stir on low flame. Then add Kasturi methi to it.
- Fry it till half a minute then add boiled dal in a pan and leave it for four to five minutes for cooking. Now, wait for some time till the prepared dal get cool soon.
- Now the third steps begin. Take another non-stick pan and take three-cup wheat flour in it. Then add it with cooled dal slowly.
- Now add finely chopped green chillies, one tablespoon coriander powder and little Chaat Masala in it.
- Adding very little quantity of salt in it because the prepared dal is also salty. Then add c spinach and make a soft dough for paratha.
- Kneaded this dough carefully with dal and spinach because dal is in liquid form and spinach also leaves the water, so there can be very little chance of using water. Now put it on the table and heat a tawa for making paratha.
- Rolling Palak Paratha – take small pieces of dough, round them in your palm and roll them lightly from the roller. Give a paratha shape as to your choice and cooked it on both sides on medium-low flame.
- Now pour half a teaspoon of oil on it and crisp both sides with the help of a tong. Now, this recipe Dal Palak Paratha is ready to serve.
Serve the Dal Palak parathaServe it always with butter, curd and green chutney. It altogether completes your taste and makes your dinner too delicious and too different.
Frequently Asked Question
Palak is rich in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. It helps in reducing the blood pressure levels, and is beneficial for eyes. It is low in calories and fats. Out of 1.09 gram of carbs, it has 0.66 gram of fiber which helps in weight loss.
It is also a great source of B vitamins, vitamin E vitamin K, and minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium. Tell your kids that you are making Popeye’s Palak Paratha for them and they will jump with joy. This green paratha tastes yummy with spices like garlic and green chilli.
Tasty and healthy recipe