About Fruit Custard Recipe
The chill and flavoured dessert fruit Custard milk is a sweet recipe made from milk, custard powder, and chopped fruits. Firstly, boil milk and add custard milk mixture, and then add sugar in it for its recipe sweetness. Then add chopped fruits and mix them well. Please keep it in the refrigerator for cooling and garnishing with dry fruits. The lovely, sweet, vanilla flavourful, energetic, and non-forgotten fruit custard milk is ready to serve. This dessert is mostly used a kid’s parties and get-togethers.
History about Fruit Custard
The invention of frozen custard can be traced back to 1919 in Coney Island, New York. Alfred Bird’s first major invention was the egg-free custard in 1837. Alfred Bird used cornflour instead of egg to create an imitation of egg custard. It was originally intended only for his wife Elizabeth who had both egg and yeast allergies.
It is a homemade sweet recipe that can be made at any festival, get-together, or birthday celebration just as a sweetened flavoury dessert. Now Let’s know about its required ingredients and its making process.
Fruit Custard Recipe
- Gas stove
- Rubber spatula
- Sharp knife
- 2.5 cups Milk
- 3 tbsp Custard powder
- 5 tbsp Sugar (as per requried)
- Fruits – (apple, banana, grapes etc.) as per your choice.
- Dry fruits
- Boil Milk – Take a non-stick thick-bottomed pan and pour milk into it. Put this pan on a gas stove and turn it on. Boil this milk and continue for some time at a medium-low flame.
- After some minutes, stir it from the bottom of the pan, and then after a few minutes, you get the milk to boil. After boiling, ensure the milk is boiled at a low flame.
- Custard Powder Mixing – Now take a small bowl and pour two or three tablespoons of readymade vanilla-flavoured custard powder. After this, add one small cup of milk (warm milk) to this bowl and mix it well with the help of a spoon.
- Then once the milk has boiled, turn off the flame and pour this prepared custard mixture into the boiled milk. Stir it with the help of a spoon.
- Then add sugar to it according to its taste. Now mix this mixture continuously and Keep the flame at low. Stir it well, and the milk changes colour to dark yellow. Now turn off the flame and put it on the table.
- Add Fruits – Then put it in the refrigerator for cooling. Now take some fruits like apples, bananas, grapes, etc. It depends on your choice.
- Then add these chopped fruits to the custard milk mixture till the custard milk has cooled completely.
- Now add some cardamom to it for flavour (optional). At last, chop some dry fruits, like almonds, walnuts, cashew, etc., in small pieces. Mix them in custard milk and stir very well.
- Make sure to stir often after the milk starts thickening so that the sauce does not get burnt or brown at the bottom of the pan.
- Use seasonal fruits that are ripe and sweet. Do not use tangy citrus fruits like melons and pineapple. You can also enjoy custard as is without adding any fruits.
- Once the custard has cooled (at room temperature or in the fridge), then add the mixed fruits.
- Mix custard powder with milk in a small bowl; the milk should be warm or at room temperature.
That’s the fruit custard milk that is ready for serving. Take bowls, serve fruit custard milk in serving bowls, arrange them in a beautiful tray, sprinkle some cherries upon it, and enjoy properly, because that’s time…… Kuch meetha ho jaaye…..
Frequently Asked Question
Ans – If custard is too thick, warm up some milk and add 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking continuously until it comes to desired consistency. Also remember, custard thins out when you add fruit as fruits release water.
Ans – The custard sauce stores well in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
Ans – A summer special delight- fruit custard is one of the most delicious and healthy desserts. It is very easy to make no matter what the occasion is. Also, you can serve it as an after-meal dessert, and it will be surely loved by people of all ages.
Ans – 1-Custard will remain fresh for 2 -3 days in the refrigerator,but remember to remove the banana pieces from the leftover custard as they will discolur soon and will give a strong flavour. 2-You may add any seasonal fruit of your choice i.e-chikoo,pomegranate pearls,peeled Orange segments,strawberry,raspberry,kiwi etc.
Ans – The secret to cooking stirred custard is to cook it in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon, until the custard thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Stirring distributes the heat so the custard doesn’t become too hot, which can curdle it.