What Is Masala Idly
The Masala Idly homemade recipe is made from small pieces of idly, fry the onions, chillies and tomato puree altogether and add idly to it. Fry them all together and add salt and tomato ketchup for its salty-sweet and sour mixed taste. It can serve with coconut chutney which is prepared from the grinding process of coconut, green chillies and roasted Chana daal. Make a smooth paste altogether and pour tadka into it.
About Masala Idly Recipe
This recipe masala idly is a good choice for breakfast. This is a home-based recipe made by everyone. This is a very easy recipe and takes very less of time. March 30 is celebrated as World Idli Day. It was first celebrated in the year 2015 in Chennai. Idlis are often served with chutneys (coconut-based), sambar and Medu vada. However, this varies greatly by region and personal taste, it is also often served with kaara chutney (onion-based) or spicy fish curries. Now learn about its making process and required ingredients.
Masala Idly Recipe
- Gas stove
- Sharp knife
- KitchenAid Blender
- Pastry brush
- 10 pcs. Idly 9- 10 (cut into small pieces)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic – cloves (crushed)
- 2 medium Tomato (make a puree of it)
- 2 Green Chilly (finely chopped)
- ¼ tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ tbsp Red Chilly Powder – ¼ tablespoon
- ¼ tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 15-20 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- ½ tbsp Salt (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Fresh coconut ( cut into small pieces)
- 3-4 pcs. Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chana daal ( roasted).
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 2-3 Dry red Chilli
- 9-10 Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tbsp Salt (according to its taste)
- For Fried Idly
- For making fried idly take one thick-bottomed pan and put it on a gas stove. Switch on the gas and heat it on medium flame.
- After heating put one tablespoon of oil in it. Then after a few seconds add one -fourth tablespoon of mustard seeds to the oil.
- When it starts to splutter then add finely chopped green chillies to it. Then add six to eight curry leaves to it. Then also add crushed garlic to this oil and stir on medium flame. Fry it for one minute.
- Now add finely chopped onions to it. Stir them and Fry them on low flame. After the onions get fried pour tomato Puree into it them and stir well. Fry them well until the oil separates from the masala.
- Add Spices
- Add one-fourth tablespoon of black pepper powder and one-fourth of red chilly powder in it.
- Fry them and add salt to them according to their taste. Mix them well. Then add one tablespoon of tomato ketchup to it and add them well.
- Now add idly pieces to this fried masala. Stir them for two to three minutes and fry them well altogether. Now the fried tasty idly is ready to serve for breakfast.
- You can serve this recipe fried idly with fresh coconut chutney. Now let’s learn about the making process of coconut chutney.
- Coconut Chutney Method with Tadka
- For making coconut chutney take a mixy jar and pour small pieces of coconut, finely chopped green chillies and roasted chana daal. Add little water to it and grind them all together with the help of a mixer grinder. Make them all into a smooth paste.
- Then for Tadka, switch on the gas, take a ladle and put it at the gas stove. Heat this ladle on low flame.
- .After heating pours two tablespoons of oil into it. Heat the oil and then pour one tablespoon of mustard seeds in it. They also pour curry leaves and dry red chilly in them. When it starts to splatter, then switch off the gas.
- Pour this ladle into the chutney and mix the tadka in the chutney. At last, add salt to it according to its taste.
- Now fresh lajij coconut chutney is ready to serve with fried idly. Enjoy this recipe with more fun.