Introducing “Masala Urad Dal Recipe“, protein and soluble fibre are found in Urad Ki Dal. Urad Dal is considered very beneficial for health.
Urad dal has peeled, as well as it has a strong taste. Husked urad dal is white in color and largely tasteless. When boiled, the dal takes on a unique shape. When added with aromatic spices, this dal can be served with roti and rice.
Grinded into flour or paste, it is used to make dishes like dosa, idli, vada and papad. In South Indian cuisine, urad dal is used as a tempering. For this type of experiment, white urad dal is chosen.
You must have prepared many recipes with not one but many pulses, but have you ever tried other recipes with Urad Ki Dal and Urad dal ki badi? If not, then today we are going to tell you about some of the best recipes prepared from urad dal, which you can easily make at home.
Surely after trying this Urad Ki Dal Recipe once, you will definitely want to make it two to three times a week, so let’s know.
Here I have prepared Urad Ki Dal Recipe in traditional North Indian way…
How To Make Recipe Step-By-Step
Once you have all the ingredients gathered, you’re ready to begin cooking your delicious dishes. Urad ke dal is an incredibly rich yet simple dish that combines all the wonderful flavors and aromas of India in one.
It has bold flavours from the cumin and garam masala, and sweetness from the onions and garlic. A subtle heat from the green chillies and finally a hint of bitterness from the fenugreek leaves. Prepare to be wowed by this classic Indian dish!
Masala urad dal is an Indian dish that requires only a few simple ingredients. To get started, you’ll need:
Masala Urad Dal Recipe | Urad Dal Tadka Dhaba Style
- 1 cup Black lentils (urad dal)
- 1 tablespoons Coriander Powder
- 1 tablespoons Coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoons Mustard Oil
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ inch Ginger
- 2 pinch Asafetida
- 2 small Green chillies, minced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
Step1: Soaking the Lentils
- First of all, soak Urad Dal for 2 hours. Then grind half the pulses finely, for pakodi and coarsely grind half the pulses, the pulses should be washed well.
Step2: Deep fry Pakore
- Keep the coarse dal aside, and beat the fine ground dal well in a deep vessel and add some salt, chaat masala, green pepper, turmeric and coriander to it. Now put oil in the pan and filter the dumplings, and keep them aside.
Step3: Tempering the Dal
- Now in the same oil add garlic, ginger and bay leaves, green chillies, red chillies and asafoetida and fry coarsely ground pulses in it till it turns red.
- When the lentils are roasted, make a paste of garam-masala, turmeric, salt, and coriander powder in some water and add the lentils to it and keep stirring. After roasting the lentils with spices for a while, add water to them (you can add water according to the amount of gravy you want).
Step4: The Finishing Touches
- After boiling for 5-10 minutes, turn off the gas. And now put pakodi in gravy as well as take green coriander dal and now serve it with rice and eat it with pleasure.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2–3 days and reheat before serving.
- If you don’t soak the dal for a long time then you will have to whistle more in the cooker.
- Dal should always be cooked on medium flame.
- Thick urad dal tastes best with roti & paratha so, keep the urad dal a little thick.
Benefits of Urad ki dal
Urad Ki Dal is regarded as one of the healthiest beans in India and is a necessity due to its nutritional value. It has numerous health advantages whether it is consumed as a cereal or used in Ayurvedic therapy.
Here are few reasons why Urad Ki Dal should be a part of your life:-
- Enhances the condition of your digestive system
- Increases the body’s iron content. 3. Maintains a robust, happy heart.
- Urad dal is suitable for people with diabetes.
- Gives you glossy, healthy hair.
- Best in weight reduction/ loss
- Increases bone density
- protects your kidney
- Beneficial for your epidermis
Urad dal is a delicious dish that is sure to be a hit at any gathering. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also incredibly nutritious and packed with protein and fibre. Plus, it’s vegetarian-friendly, so everyone can enjoy it! Of course, you can customize the flavours and spices to your liking as well.
Overall, this urad ke dal recipe is a great way to bring something different to the table. So, fire up those burners, gets creative in the kitchen, and enjoy your very own homemade Urad ke dal!
Frequently Ask Questions:-
You may have plenty of questions about cooking urd ke dal. But don’t worry—we’ve got you covered! Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about this delicious dish.
Urad ke dal is a traditional Indian recipe with lentils, spices and herbs cooked together in a rich tomato-based sauce. It pairs perfectly with plain basmati rice or naans and is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
The main ingredients in urd ke dal are black lentils (also known as urad dal), garlic, onion, ginger, tomato, oil/ghee and a variety of spices like cumin seeds, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
Yes! Urad ke dal is packed with protein, fiber and vitamins – all essential for a balanced diet. Plus, it’s low in calories so you don’t have to worry about packing on the pounds.