Moradabadi daal is delicious yellow lentil daal and is very popular in Moradabad city. It is the small city of Western Uttar Pradesh and is famous for two things. The best thing about Moradabad is one of the brass handicrafts, such as brass items and utensils and the second is this famous Moradabadi dal or Moong daal ki chaat. This recipe is so healthy and tasty chaat or snack contains nutritious substances. It is very easy to make it with moong daal and represent it like a chaat. It is also called delicious “Moong Daal Ki Chaat”.
Ingredients For Moradabadi Daal:-
- Moong daal – one bowl
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – chopped
- Coriander – finely chopped
- Black salt.
- Chilli Flakes.
- Jeera Powder (roasted)
- Chaat Masala
- Grated ginger
How To Make Dal
To make the moong daal ki chaat recipe, firstly take a bowl and pour moong dal in it. Then wash well to moong daal and soak it for 3 to 4 hours in water. After some hours strain moong dal from water and pour it in a pressure cooker then add some water in it and also add salt in it according to taste. Now add a little pinch of heeng and grated ginger. Now cooks in a pressure cooker till three whistles on medium heat. After whistling three times remove from the heat and wait. When the pressure releases, open the lid of the pressure cooker.
Now the daal is ready. Place this dal in a plate or bowl and garnish this daal with its ingredients which represents a chaat. So fastly pour finely chopped onions, then add chopped tomatoes and green chilli in them. Next, pour fresh coriander leaves in it then sprinkle all spices upon it, like jeera powder, chaat masala, chilli flakes and black salt. Next, pour lemon juice on it, and it will be so tasty. Now the Moradabad daal recipe is ready for serving….. hot. Served with papadi, it’s so delicious.
This recipe is too healthy and nutritious because it made from moong daal and it is too healthy for our diet. This daal gives us relief from health problems and also gives many types of health benefits. Let’s know about its benefits….
- It contains fibre, iron, potassium, calcium, vitamin B complex and protein. They all complete the nutritious substance in our body and keep us healthy.
- It is useful for weight loss. It contains too few calories.
- This is called a healthy diet. It strong our digestive system and control digestive activities. It grows cold in our stomachs.
- Moong daal is useful for constipation problems of the stomach. It helps to remove wastage materials from our bodies.
- It is useful for controlling cholesterol in our bodies. It helps to remove excess cholesterol from our body and keep a healthy heart.
- It controls our blood pressure. To regular use of moong daal, normal our blood pressure and also strengthens our intestine. Exists waste materials from our intestine.
- To regular use of moong daal gives us also immunity. It strengthens our immune system and is far away from disease.
- It is very useful for diabetes patients. It consists of antioxidants and anti-diabetic properties which helps to control the glucose layer in our body.
- Moong daal consists of antimicrobial, anti-bacterial and antifungal properties which help to protect us from any type of infection and keep us healthy.
- This is also useful for a pregnant lady. it is very necessary for the pregnancy stage to develop into a baby.
- Moong daal helps us from skin disease. It recovers fastly to all types of wounds.
- It helps from heatstroke. Moong daal helps us to hydrate our body and keep it cool. It gives rid of dehydration.
- It also protects us from cancer disease.
“Moong Dal” contains its own health value. But in some cases, it is injurious to health:-
- Moong daal consists of antihypertensive properties. So it is harmful to low blood pressure patients.
- It is also harmful to low diabetes patients.
- This is used for a face pack, but Its face pack is harmful to those people whose skin is sensitive.