Moong Dal Chaat Recipe is a delicious yellow lentil dal and is very popular in Moradabad city. It is a small city in Western Uttar Pradesh and is famous for two things. The best thing about Moradabad is the brass handicrafts, such as brass items and utensils and the second is this famous Moradabadi dal or Moong dal ki chaat. This recipe is so healthy and tasty chaat or snack that contains nutritious substances. It is very easy to make it with moong dal and represent it like a chaat. It is also called delicious “Moong Daal Chaat”.
Moong Dal Chaat Recipe
- 1 cup Moong daal
- 2 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 2-3 pcs. Green Chilli – chopped
- 2 medium Tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coriander – finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Black salt according to taste
- 2 pinch Heeng
- 2 teaspoons Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Jeera Powder (roasted)
- ½ tbsp Chaat Masala
- 2 teaspoons Grated ginger
- To make the moong daal ki chaat recipe, firstly take a bowl and pour moong dal with adequate water. Then wash well to moong daal and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- After some hours strain moong dal from water and pour it into a pressure cooker then add adequate water in it and also add salt in it according to taste.
- Now add a little pinch of heeng and grated ginger and cook in a pressure cooker till three whistles on medium heat.
- After whistling three times remove from the heat and wait. When the pressure is released, open the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Now the daal is ready. Place this dal in a plate or bowl and garnish this daal with its ingredients which represent a chaat.
- So fastly pour finely chopped onions, then add chopped tomatoes and green chilli in them.
- Next, pour fresh coriander leaves in it then sprinkle all spices upon it, like jeera powder, chaat masala, chilli flakes and black salt.
- Next, pour lemon juice on it, and it will be so tasty. Now the Moradabad daal recipe is ready for serving….. hot. Served with papadi, it’s so delicious.
This recipe is too healthy and nutritious because it is made from moong dal and is too healthy for our diet. This dal gives us relief from health problems and also gives many types of health benefits. Let’s know about its benefits.
- It contains fibre, ron, potassium, calcium, vitamin B complex and protein. They all complete the nutritious substance in our body and keep us healthy.
- It is useful for weight loss. It contains too few calories.
- This is called a healthy diet. It strong our digestive system and control digestive activities. It grows cold in our stomachs.
- Moong dal is useful for constipation problems of the stomach. It helps to remove wastage materials from our bodies.
- It is useful for controlling cholesterol in our bodies. It helps to remove excess cholesterol from our body and keep a healthy heart.
- It controls our blood pressure. To regular use of moong dal, normal our blood pressure and also strengthens our intestine. Exists waste materials from our intestine.
- To regular use of moong dal gives us also immunity. It strengthens our immune system and is far away from disease.
- It is very useful for diabetes patients. It consists of antioxidants and anti-diabetic properties which helps to control the glucose layer in our body.
- Moong daal consists of antimicrobial, anti-bacterial and antifungal properties which help to protect us from any type of infection and keep us healthy.
- This is also useful for a pregnant lady. it is very necessary for the pregnancy stage to develop into a baby.
- Moong dal helps us from skin disease. It recovers fastly to all types of wounds.
- It helps from heatstroke. Moong dal helps us to hydrate our body and keep it cool. It gives rid of dehydration.
- It also protects us from cancer disease.
“Moong Dal” contains its own health value. But in some cases, it is injurious to health:-
- Moong dal consists of antihypertensive properties. So it is harmful to low blood pressure patients.
- It is also harmful to low diabetes patients.
- This is used for a face pack, but Its face pack is harmful to those people whose skin is sensitive.