Why waste the left roti/paratha?
You can prepare a tasty dish by adding just a few ingredients to it. India is such a place where one can find a variety of dishes. You can always add a new dish to your breakfast. Today we are here with a new dish that you can prepare in a few minutes, and that too with the leftovers. Read the recipe for tasty roti pulao that will be a heavy breakfast for you.
About Roti Pulao
Roti Pulao is a dish that can be prepared at home. This will help in avoiding the wastage of excess food that is leftover and you don’t have to think of overeating in case you fail to finish the food. This
One of these leftover recipes is “Kawe,” also known as “Namkeen Roti Pulao,” which is a staple in my mother’s house. Even though we also have a sweet version of it by the name of “Meethe Kawe,” I’ll only be writing about the namkeen/spicy one here.
However, if you are a devoted fan of this dish, you can occasionally transform leftover fresh Rotis into this form. Normally, we prepare a special seasoning for it by combining cumin (jeera), mustard seeds (rai), onion, potato, spices, water, and salt, and then cook the dried Rotis in that until they become soft and slightly mushy. No doubt you can make it even more interesting and tasty by adding Gobi ki sabji or any other vegetable.
Read the article below to know the recipe which has different names in different regions.
Method to Prepare Roti Pulao
If you have some leftover Rotis or paratha at home and don’t want to throw it or waste it, then here is the method to prepare roti pulao. This will not only avoid wastage of food but also give you something tasty to eat in your breakfast.
- 4 pcs. Roti
- 1 medium-sized Onion
- 2 medium-size Tomato
- 2 pcs. Green Chilli
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic (chooped)
- ½ tsp Jeera
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ tsp Haldi powder
- Salt (according to its taste)
- ½ tsp. Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Firstly, take the leftover roti/paratha and cut it into small pieces. Then you can keep it aside.
- Next, take some oil in a pan and heat it.
- After that add some jeera, Green chillies, and chopped onion, to the heated oil.
- The next step is to wait for a minute, till the onions turn golden, and then add chopped garlic and chopped tomato to it.
- Once done with this, cook the mixture of vegetables for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- After that add salt and other spices to the vegetable mixture and again let it cook for a few minutes.
- Once it is properly cooked, then add rotis or paratha to it and mix it well.
- Lastly, as the dish is completely cooked, then you can serve it hot with curd or sauce.
Hope you would love to eat the roti pulao.
Frequently Ask Questions:-
Yes, you can surely make use of the parathas that are left and make a yummy item that all will love.
For sure you can add it to your recipe and make it tastier.
Thanks for sharing. I read many of your blog posts, cool, your blog is very good.