Shahi Paneer recipe, It is very much loved by India’s people, and its taste is incomparable. It is in high demand. Nowadays especially when going to a restaurant, butter naan and shahi paneer seem to be ordered fast.
This Shahi Paneer is deliciously rich and creamy, making it one of the most popular recipes in Mughlai cuisine. Fresh, unmalting cheese is married with creamy gravy, perfect for serving with naan or roti. “Shahi” means “royalty,” and I can promise this dish is fit for a King! What are you waiting for? This delicious dish that is fit for royalty can be on your table tonight. Go ahead and treat yourself.
It is mainly eaten with traditional Indian flatbreads like roti or naan, rice and bread. Paneer is derived from the Persian word for cheese, and shahi is the term for royal (about the Imperial Court of the Mughal Empires.
What is Shahi Paneer?
This is a preparation of paneer, native to the Indian subcontinent, consisting of a thick gravy of cream, tomatoes and Indian spices.
Originating with the creamy delicacies of Mughlai cuisine (hence the term “shahi”, about the royal title of Shahanshah in Mughal India), this dish is prepared by emulsifying tomatoes, onions, ground cashews, clarified butter and cream into a curry, with the addition of paneer cubes and a variety of spices.
Shahi Paneer can be translated to “royal paneer.” My recipe is that of a rich, creamy curry made with a base of nuts, onions, yoghurt and spices.
Paneer is a fresh cheese that is popular in Indian cuisine. It is made by curdling milk with a food acid (often lemon juice) and then pressed into cubes. The most notable thing about paneer cheese is that it does not melt, providing a texture similar to tofu.
- Gas stove
- Rubber spatula
- Sharp knife
- 400 grams Paneer
- 4 medium Onion
- 3 medium Tomato
- 7-8 pcs. Garlic
- ½ inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilli
- 10-12 pcs. Cashew Nuts
- ½ tbsp Shahi Paneer Masala
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red chillipowder
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- ½ tbsp Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 6 tbsp Refined oil
- Add 3 tablespoons refined oil to a pan and wait till the oil is hot enough.
- Start addingthe vegetables i.e., 3 quarterly chopped onion and tomato, 7 to 8 garlic and ½inch Ginger and 10 to 12 cashew nuts at last add 1 tablespoon Kashmiri Red chilli powder and ½ teaspoon Kasuri Methi.
- Fry thevegetables for 5 to 10 minutes. Then let the mixture cool down and grind itinto a smooth paste. Then, sieve the mixture using a strainer until the scrapeof tomatoes is left.
- Take another pan and add 2 tablespoons of butter and 3 tablespoons of refined oil.
- Then take 1 onion, chop it finely, and add it to the pan. Saute for 1 minute and add paneer. Then add 2 ½ tablespoons of Shahi Paneer Masala and fry the paneer for 1 minute.
- Later add the sieved mixture and fry it on a low medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes after the gravy starts boiling. Then add salt as per taste, ½ teaspoon Kasuri Methi churned within your palm and ½ teaspoon Garam Masala. Add some water as per requirement.
- Forgarnishing add some chopped coriander and serve it hot.
7 nutritional benefits of eating paneer:
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Building better bones and teeth.
- An essential component in weight loss programs.
- Aids in the normal functioning of the digestive system.
- Ideal food for diabetic patients.
- Building a strong immune system.
- Paneer prevents and protects you from diseases.
Frequently Asked Question
Paneer is tasty to eat as well as very beneficial for health. Paneer contains a lot of protein which is very important for the body. So Paneer cooked beautifully as Shahi Paneer is delicious to eat and good for the body.
Shahi paneer is a famous paneer recipe served in a rich gravy of cashew nuts and cream. Definitely a delicious recipe.
Even if people don’t like fish and meat, everyone likes paneer. So it’s a very delicious recipe with a mixture of tomato sour curd and almonds.
Originating with the creamy delicacies of Mughlai cuisine ( hence the term ” shahi “, about the royal title of Shahanshah in Mughal India ), this dish is prepared by emulsifying tomatoes, onions, ground cashews, clarified butter and cream into a curry, with the addition of paneer cubes and a variety of spices.
Shahi Paneer can be eaten with various parathas and naan. And can eat it with hot fried rice.