What Is Suji Kakra
Suji Kakra Recipe is a famous sweet recipe mostly recognised in Odia cuisine. Compared to other regional Indian cuisines, Odia cuisine uses less oil and is less spicy while nonetheless remaining flavourful. It is a sweet made from basically semolina, chhena and coconut. Its outer layered is crisped and made from Cook semolina mixture and the inner part is stuffed from the mixture of chhena, grated coconut, sugar and dry fruits.
Suji Kakra is a sweet dish mostly like in Odisha. It is also a homemade recipe. Its making process is so easy and prepared very quickly. Everyone can try this at home. All ingredients of this recipe are easily available in their daily life kitchen.
So let’s know about the making process of the Suji Kakra Recipe and its ingredients.
Suji Kakra Recipe
- Gas stove
- Deep frying Pan
- Sharp knife
- 250 gram Suji
- 150 gram Chhena
- 1 Grated coconut
- 100 gram Sugar / jaggery
- ½ tsp Cardamon powder
- Salt (according to taste)
- 300 ml. Water
- 300 ml. Oil/ghee
- Some dry fruits – Kaju, almonds, kismiss.
- Water Boiling – To make suji Kakra firstly take a non-stick pan and place it on a gas stove. Open the gas and heat this pan on medium flame.
- After heating the pan, pour 300 ml water into it and boil. Then add a small quantity of salt and a little ghee in it.
- Then add sugar to it and boil till the sugar dissolves in the water well.
- Cooking & Kneading Semolina – Now pour slowly semolina into the pan and mix it well. Cook them on medium-low flame and stir continuously. See that carefully that the lump should be absent.
- After some minutes semolina absorbs the water and has a cooked and thicky appearance. Then switch off the gas.
- Place this semolina mixture on a plate and wait till it will be cool. Place this plate on one side of the table.
- When the mixture becomes cool, then knead them and put them aside on the table. Grease them to oil from the outside of kneaded semolina mixture and cover them for some time.
- Add Coconut & Chhena – Then take another non-stick pan and put it on a gas stove. Switch on the gas and heat this pan on medium flame.
- After heating, the pan, pour grated coconut into this pan. Then pour 150-gram chhena into this pan.
- Stir them all together and fry them for one to two minutes on low flame. Mix them well.
- Then Pour sugar or jaggery into the pan. Mix jaggery or sugar in the coconut and chhena properly. Then add half a teaspoon of crushed cardamom to it. Mix and now add dry fruits to it.
- Pour small chopped Kaju, kismiss and almond Into the pan. Now mix altogether as well. Then switch off the gas and remove this mixture from heat.
- Stuffing Dough – Now take a kadahi and heat it well. After heating pours oil or ghee in it for deep fry. Heat the oil on medium-low flame and then take kneaded semolina.
- Take a small ball of semolina mixture, make round small balls, stuffed them with chhena and grated coconut mixture.
- Then covered well and deep fry in oil on low flame. Turn it and fry very well.
- When these balls will be turned reddish-brown strain out from the oil.
- Then plated it on a serving plate and can garnish it with coconut powder and icing sugar.
The fabulous Suji Kakra is ready to enjoy..