Have a craving for some mouthwatering creamy pasta? Then, I have a delicious white sauce pasta recipe to share with you! White pasta is a traditional Italian snack with a rich, creamy texture that will surely please your palate. This easy weeknight recipe is simple to prepare whether you are a seasoned cook or a kitchen beginner. So, let’s discover the world of a creamy white sauce pasta recipe and how to make this tasty dish!
About White Sauce Pasta Recipe
The White Sauce Pasta is a simple dish that combines cooked penne pasta with a rich, silky, and delicious white sauce. This velvety sauce is the perfect partner for pasta, giving your dinner a creamy touch. And this classic French pasta offers a balanced and satisfying meal. You can have this mouthwatering dish as an evening snack and as a light dinner.
Moreover, adding a delightful veggie mix can make creamy sauce pasta recipes more delicious. These creamy recipes boost color and nutrients from carrots, beans, green peas, capsicums, cauliflower, zucchini, sweet corn, broccoli, and baby corn.
If you enjoy white sauce and want to prepare it for pasta dinners or any other cuisine, you can also check out the recipe for white sauce pasta in Hindi.
Ingredients & Substitute
This delicious White Sauce Pasta recipe ingredients and substitutes are as follows:
- Butter: A creamy, rich white pasta sauce needs butter as an important ingredient. It gives the sauce a more sumptuous texture and enriches the flavour. But if you do not have butter, use olive oil or margarine.
- Milk: The white sauce’s base is milk, adding to its creamy, smooth feel. Although skim milk is light, whole or 2% milk is often used. But if you have dietary restrictions or are lactose intolerant, you can use almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk for milk.
- All-purpose Flour: All-purpose flour helps to get the proper sauce consistency by acting as a thickener. The sauce doesn’t get too thick or mushy because of it. If you want to make the sauce gluten-free, thicken it with cornstarch or gluten-free Flour.
- Thick cream: Adding thick cream to the sauce further enhances the sauce and gives a velvety smoothness. However, if you like a creamier sauce, you may swap out the thick cream with half-and-half or light cream.
- Garlic: Garlic gives the white pasta sauce a pleasant flavour. Depending on your wish, you can use either fresh garlic or its powder. However, you can substitute onion powder if you do not have fresh garlic.
- Salt and pepper: Seasoning the food with salt and pepper is necessary to improve the sauce’s overall flavour.
- Parmesan cheese: Parmesan cheese gives the sauce a deliciously salty and nutty flavour. If you don’t have Parmesan cheese, you can use Pecorino Romano or Grana Padano, which will still produce a delicious flavour.
How to Make White Sauce Pasta
Here, I have shared an easy White Pasta Sauce recipe with step-by-step instructions:
1: Cook the pasta as directed on the package in a sizable pot of salted boiling water. The pasta should be cooked until it is as cooked, meaning it should still be somewhat crunchy. Then, rinse the pasta and set it aside.
2: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat to prepare a white sauce. To reduce the quantity of salt in the sauce, use unsalted butter.
3: Add the minced garlic once the butter has melted to give the sauce a delicious garlicky flavour.
4: Sprinkle standard Flour into the saucepan once the butter has melted. Mix the Flour and Butter until an even batter forms. This flour-butter mixture will thicken the sauce.
5: Pour the milk and thick cream gradually while stirring constantly. Stir continuously to avoid lumps from forming. The milk and cream blend with the Flour to create a creamy, smooth sauce base.
6: Bring the sauce to low heat and let it thicken for a few minutes. The sauce will thicken and creamier as it simmers.
7: Season the white sauce with cinnamon and freshly ground black pepper.
8: Add the grated Parmesan cheese once the sauce has been smoothed and thickened.
9: When the pasta is completely covered with the creamy richness, add the cooked pasta to the white sauce and toss together.
10: For the pasta to absorb the flavours of the sauce, give it a minute or two to boil.
11: Add the fresh herb as a finishing touch to the white sauce pasta to bring out its colour and freshness.
12: Now, enjoy the delicious fusion of flavours and textures by serving the white sauce pasta hot.
Expert Tips :
- Make a lump-free sauce with cold milk because hot, warm, or room-temperature milk may cause lumps in the sauce.
- After adding the Flour, whisk often to avoid lumps from forming.
- When you add fresh or dried herbs, you can also add steamed, roasted, or sautéed veggies when adding spices.
Creamy White Sauce Pasta Recipe Card
Here is a simple yet delectable White Sauce Pasta Recipe Italian for you. If you want a recipe for White Sauce Pasta in Hindi, use translation mode.
White Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Thick cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: a pinch of spices
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foamy and slightly browned.
- Pour in the thick cream slowly, stirring continuously to mix it in.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and cook until it melts into the sauce.
- Add spice, pepper, and salt as desired.
- Remove from the heat and let aside for a minute.
White Pasta Sauce, or Alfredo sauce, is made with butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. It is a widely used sauce that gives pasta dishes a rich and flavorful covering.
You can make a basic white pasta sauce by melting butter in a saucepan, adding thick cream, and then cooking until it slightly thickens. Then, stir grated Parmesan cheese until it melts and the sauce turns creamy and silky. Add salt and pepper to the food as per your taste.
Yes, you may make a lighter white pasta sauce by substituting milk for cream.
You can avoid the sauce from curdling by avoiding boiling the sauce and cooking it over low to medium heat.