People all across the world adore fish fries, which are a popular delicacy. It is a traditional dish that has been handed down through the generations and is cherished for its ease of preparation and mouth-watering flavour. This recipe is the ideal option for weekday meals that are quick and simple as well as great party appetisers.
So, this famous recipe is completed by covering pieces of fish in tested flour & then fry them till golden brown & crunchy. It’s a meek & delightful way to adore fresh fish. Firstly, to make the flawless fish fry, pick a fish such as cod or tilapia & season it with a mix of salt, garlic powder, paprika, & black pepper.
Before being fried in high oil until crispy, the fish is first dipped in buttermilk and then coated in a mixture of seasoned flour. Enjoy a traditional dish that is appropriate for any occasion when served with the dipping sauce of your choice. Serve hot with Dhania/ Coconut chutney.
Looking for an easy Fish Fry recipe? Try this Crispy recipe with photos and a step-by-step guide.
Fish Fry Recipe
- 1 big Onion
- ½ inch Ginger
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2 pcs. Green chillies
- ⅓ tsp Haldi powder
- 1 tsp Dhaniya powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Fish masala
- Salt (according to its taste)
- 1 tbsp Besan
- 500 gram Rohu fish pieces
- Wash fish pieces with fresh water then add wheat flour to fish pieces, mix well & again wash thoroughly with fresh water (4-5 times to avoid smell).
- Now add Onion/Ginger/Garlic/Mustard paste, Haldi powder, Dhaniya powder, Garam-masala, Fish masala, Besan and salt as per the taste to the washed fish pieces.
- Mix it well. Then heat oil in a pan and fry the fish pieces.
- Serve hot with Dhania/ Coconut chutney.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade fish fry!
Fish fry can be served as a main course or as an appetiser. It’s ideal for a relaxed evening with friends, a family supper, or a celebration, so the best part is that it is simple to create and only requires a few basic ingredients. So, why not try this traditional recipe tonight and enjoy a great and satisfying meal?
Frequently Ask Questions:-
Answer – Canola oil is the most common oil for frying fish because of its neutral flavour, low cost, and high smoke point. Fish frying oils such as peanuts, cottonseed, and coconut oil are also excellent choices.
· Cod. Taste: Cod has a very delicate, milky taste.
· Sea Bass. Taste: The flavour of sea bass is quite mild and delicate.
· Halibut. Taste: Halibut is well-known for its sweet, meaty flavour.
· Sole. Taste: Another fish with a delicate, almost sweet flavour is sole.
Answer – Additionally, it is unhealthy to have fish and curd. This may cause indigestion along with gas and acidity. Consequently, avoid consuming fish and curd at the same time.
Answer – People who strictly adhere to gluten-free diets can prepare crispy fried fish. The following ideas are provided: Use finely ground cornmeal in place of all-purpose flour.
Answer – Ghee has a really high melting point, and in my opinion, it tastes better and crisps the skin much more effectively.