Rava dhokla Recipe is made by curd and rava (sooji). Mix them with some spices, vegetables and pour eno. Steam them and lastly add tadka ín it.
Rava dhokla is a easy recipe make at home easily. It is a home-based recipe that comes from Gujarat. Now it’s like by everyone. Let’s know about this recipe rava dhokla.
Rava Dhokla | Suji Ka Dhokla | Vegetable Rava Dhokla
- 1 Cup Sooji (Rava)
- 1 Cup Curd
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 4-5 pcs. Green chilly (slit from the centre)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 big Tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Eno
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt (according to taste)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Heeng
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 8 to 10 Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 to 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut – optional
- To make Rava Dhokla, take a bowl and pour one cup of rava or sooji.
- Then add an equal quantity of curd in it, which means one cup. Mix them well.
- Then add one teaspoon of grated ginger and finely chopped green chillies to this mixture. Now add salt to it according to its mixture taste.
- Then add two tablespoons of oil and one teaspoon of sugar in it. Mix them well. The oil will make the dhokla soft. Then add chopped vegetables to it and mix them well.
- Mix it with as required water and prepare a thick batter mixture. Now put it on table to rest this batter for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile add 2 cups water in a steamer pan or saucepan. Also place a small trivet inside the water before you begin to heat it. Let the water come to a gentle boil on medium heat.
- Grease a pan with oil.
- Now add one teaspoon of eno to the dhokla batter. Don't overdo the mixing as you don't want the air bubbles to escape.
- Now grease a small pan with oil and then quickly transfer the batter into this greased pan without too much mixing.
- Then place the battered tin directly into the steam container, close the lid and steam it on high flame for over fifteen minutes.
- After some time In between check it once with a knife or a toothpick by poking it. If the batter is not sticking to the knife then understand that it is cooked.
- Then switch off the gas and wait for cooling. Remove and allow to cool for 5 to 6 minutes.
- For tadka, place a tadka pan over the gas and switch it on medium flame.
- Then pour two tablespoons of oil into it. when the oil gets heated add one teaspoon of mustard seeds, one pinch of hing, a few curry leaves, slit four green chillies and add lime juice to it.
- Now switch off the flame and add the tadka mixture over the dhokla. Don’t add water to the tadka as it will make your dhokla soggy.
- Now cut the dhokla into your desired shapes and serve with your favourite chutney.
- Carefully check that the Rava is fresh.
- If this is possible then take two or three days old curd that should be sour.
- The batter should be similar to the consistency of the idli batter.
- Take a steel or aluminium container to steam the dhokla perfectly.
- Don’t add water to the tadka as it will make your dhokla soggy.
- Instead of eno you can use baking soda. But 1 teaspoon of baking soda would give a lot of its soapy odour to the dish. So I would suggest adding ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
Step By Step Cooking
To making rava dhokla, add equal quantity of curd in it, that means one cup rava and one cup sour curd. Mix them well.
Add one teaspoon grated ginger in it. Then add finely chopped vegetable and green chillies in this mixture. Now add salt in it according to it’s mixture taste. Then add two tablespoon oil and one teaspoon sugar in it. Mix them well. The oil will make the dhokla soft.
Mix it with as required water and prepare a thick batter mixture. The batter should be similar to the consistency of idli batter. Now put it on table to rest this batter for ten to fifteen minutes.
On high flame, after 15 minutes cooking, switch off the gas and wait for cooling.
Now, let’s prepare the tadka for the dhokla. For tadka, place a tadka pan over the gas and switch it on medium flame. Then pour two tablespoons of oil into it. when the oil gets heated add one teaspoon of mustard seeds, one pinch of hing, a few curry leaves, slit four green chillies and add lime juice to it.
After that, it is well garnished with chopped Coriander Leaves. No doubt, Dhokla is a very scrumptious snack. Serve with green chuney or tomato sauce.