What Is Beetroot Paratha
The beetroot paratha recipe is prepared as same as our traditional stuffed paratha. The beetroot is fried with spices and the paneer gives it a taste and stuffing is filled with wheat flour dough. Roll it like paratha and cook on hot Tawa and baked both sides with some oil and make this paratha perfectly. You can serve this beetroot paratha with raita and green chutney.
This is a home-based recipe. This beetroot paratha recipe is fulfill with a great number of vitamins and minerals and people like it very much so used it for breakfast and dinner. It can serve with raita and chutney. Everyone should eat this beetroot paratha because it is a very healthy food. This recipe is very easy to make and prepared as same as aloo paratha. Let’s know about its making process and required ingredients and try this recipe at home.
How To Make Beetroot Paratha
Beetroot Paratha Recipe | Beetroot Flatbread
- 1 Gas stove
- 1 Pan
- 1 Mixing ball
- 1 Rolling Pin
- 1 Grater Machine
- 1 Cup Beetroot
- ½ Cup Paneer
- 2 Cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Garlic
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- Ghee as required for roasting
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tbsp Salt according to as per required
Making Dough For Paratha
- Take whole wheat flour, and add salt and oil to a mixing bowl. Mix very well.
- Use ½ cup of water.
- I added an overall ⅔ cup of water. You can add less or more water.
- Knead to a soft and smooth dough. Keep aside the paratha dough for 30 minutes.
Making Beetroot Paratha Stuffing
- Rinse, peel and grate 2 medium-sized beetroots.
- Heat a pan on medium-low flame and add two tablespoons of oil. Then add the grated beetroot.
- Saute the beetroot on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes then add grated garlic and ginger and stir it to continue for one minute till they get fried as well.
- Then add one pinch of turmeric powder and garam masala. Cook it for two minutes then add the grated paneer to it.
- Stir and mix it. Now add salt according to its taste and cook it for again two minutes and switch off the flame. Remove it from the gas stove and keep it aside for cooling.
Rolling Stuffed Beetroot Paratha
- Take a small piece into the dough and turn it into a round shape like a ball.
- Then flattened the small dough with the help of a palm and stuff a small amount of beetroot mixture in it.
- Now close its mouth and dust it with some wheat flour.
- Rolling it with the help of a rolling pin makes a flattened, thin circle like chapati.
Baking Beetroot Paratha
- Heat a Tawa and place the paratha on the hot tava.
- On medium to high heat, begin to roast the paratha.
- When one side is partially cooked then flip with a spatula.
- Spread some oil or ghee on top and flip again.
- Press the paratha edges with a spatula too, so that they are also roasted well. Flip again once or twice till both sides are cooked properly.
- Beetroot paratha is prepared for serving. Finally serve this beetroot-stuffed paratha with raita or pickles.
- The kneaded dough should be soft and smooth.
- Ensure that there is no water in the stuffing. Otherwise, the paratha can become soggy while rolling and roasting.
- Don’t overstuff as the stuffing can come out while rolling or roasting paratha and under stuff, as then you won’t get the flavours and taste of beetroot filling.
- Avoid roasting the paratha on a low flame as then they will become hard or dense and won’t taste good.
- You can use oil or ghee to roast.
The best way to serve these parathas is hot with butter on top. They go well with curd (yoghurt), pickles, green chutney, ketchup, and some hot chai for breakfast. To make a full dinner, you can also serve these with curry or dal! Enjoy this recipe with your family & friends.
Q; Is beetroot healthy everyday?
Ans – Beets are highly nutritious and loaded with health-promoting properties. They can support the health of your brain, heart, and digestive system, be a great addition to a balanced diet, boost athletic performance, help alleviate inflammation, and possibly slow the growth of cancer cells.
Q; Is beetroot high in iron?
Ans – Beetroots are rich in iron, an essential component of red blood cells. Without iron, red blood cells cannot transport oxygen around the body. People who have low iron levels can sometimes develop a condition called iron deficiency anemia. Adding sources of iron to the diet can reduce the risk of this condition.
Q; How fast does beetroot increase haemoglobin?
Ans – Beetroot is a source of substances and minerals. In this study, we recorded obvious increases in Hb, Hct, RBC, iron and ferritin levels after taking 200 mL beetroot juice for 6 weeks. This was consistent with the study conducted by Indhumathi and Kannikaparameswari stating that B.