What Is Methi Thepla
“Methi Thepla Recipe” is typically Gujarati cuisine similar as methi paratha. Combinations of wheat flour and spices like turmeric powder, garlic-ginger paste, coriander powder and chillies, gives it a slight spicy touch. Mixing of grind Methi gives a bitter taste that makes a completely flavourful recipe.
Thepla is an Indian food most popular in Gujarat state. It is a Gujarati dish but is now well famous in the whole of India which is a very tasty recipe and similar to methi paratha. It consists of many types of health benefits and can be served for breakfast and dinner also. Its taste is just different from roti and paratha and takes place as a complete meal. It is a homemade recipe and prepared very easily in low time and can serve easily with common Yogurt, green chutney and chatpati Mango pickles.
Let’s know about this recipe cooking process.
Methi Theple Recipe
- Gas stove
- Sharp knife
- Rubber spatula
- 3 cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup Methi leaves or grind methi tightly packed
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- Salt (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- Oil as required for roasting thepla
- kneading Process – To prepare methi theple first take a big bowl and pour three-cup wheat flour, then add ground methi and coriander powder (you can also make this recipe from methi leaves).
- Then add one finely chopped chillies, one teaspoon turmeric powder and one teaspoon garlic-ginger paste.
- Now add salt according to taste. After that mix them well and knead them with water.
- Mix little water in it slowly-slowly and make a perfect soft dough for soft theple. After that keep it aside from the table.
- Baking Process – Take a tawa and put it on gas and switch on the gas and heat it well. After heating takes a little piece of dough and makes a ball.
- Similarly prepare many small balls of dough then roll them all like paratha. On medium flame pour them on tawa and cook well on both sides.
- When they cooked well, pour one teaspoon of oil on them and make them crisp. Now The methi theple is ready for increasing your taste.
- Serving Time – Take a serving plate and put methi theple on it. Serve it with chutney or yoghurt and mango pickles.
- Get ready for making methi theple. This is a very easy process to make this recipe.
- You can include various combinations of flour like wheat flour, besan, sorghum flour and pearl millet flour.
- But do not increase the amount of gram flour (besan) too much.
- The thepla dough has to be smooth, soft, and pliable. If your dough looks hard, the thepla will become dry and hard.
- For roasting, you can also use ghee (clarified butter) instead of oil.
Methi consists many health benefits for us. It is a very useful herb that contains lots of properties. Let’s know about its health benefits.
- Methi controls our diabetes and decreased glucose levels in our body. It is the most significant medicine for diabetes patients. In the morning time soaked methi seeds water is very useful for diabetes patients.
- It increases breast milk. Methi is blessed for newborn children and breastfeeding mothers. The regular use of Methi increased breast milk.
- It is also increased sex drive power in men.
- It,s manage our blood pressure.
- Methi is also useful for weight loss. It contains fewer calories and removes hunger.
- It is managing our blood cholesterol and promotes our heart to keep strong.
- Methi gives relaxes from menstrual pain in periods.
- It managed all types of wounds and skin problems including eczema.
- Methi gives us relief from fever.
- It,s is good for our digestive system.
- It is useful in hair loss problems.