About Veg Biryani
Veg Biryani Recipe is one of the most popular dishes in South Asia. This is the single most-ordered dish on Indian online food ordering and delivery services. It is a Mughlai recipe and is prepared in three steps. The first step is making half-cooked rice, then the second is making vegetable gravy and the third step is baking altogether them. It is a very easy recipe and is prepared easily at home but takes more time to cook.
Biryani, also known as beriani, biriani is a mixed rice dish with its origins among the Muslims of the Indian subcontinent. It is made with Indian spices, rice, meat, and/or vegetables in certain regional varieties. – Source Wiki
A lot of people get confused about the difference between Biryani and Pulao. In the traditional Biryani recipe, rice and meat or vegetables are cooked separately, assembled in layers, and then cooked on low flame (dum style) so that all the flavors are infused during the slow cooking. As a result, it is much richer due to ghee, fried onions, and more spices. Whereas Pulao is a medley of rice with either vegetables or meat, and both these things are cooked together with a mixture of spices.
What Is Veg Biryani
Veg biryani recipes can make from vegetables and basmati rice. Rice is half-cooked with the aroma of spice. Then prepared vegetables with gravy and layered them one by one and baked them in the microwave at 180 degree Celsius. After twenty-five minutes spend, the veg biryani recipe is ready to eat and serve with rayta. Baked at low temperatures gives them an unforgotten and mouth-watering taste. Let’s try this recipe and learn about its needed ingredients and spices.
Veg Biryani Recipe
- Sharp knife
- Gas stove
- KitchenAid Blender
For Making To Rice
- 400 gram Basmati rice
- 2 pcs. Badi Elaichi
- 4 pcs. Cloves
- 7 to 8 pcs. Black Pepper
- 1 – 2 pcs. Cardamom
- 4- 5 pcs. Star Anise (Javitri)
- 2 pcs. Chhoti Elaichi
- ½ tbsp Salt – according to taste
- 200 gram Paneer
- ½ kg Onion
- 2 to 3 Capsicum
- 150 gram Beans
- 2 to 3 pieces Carrot
- 1 big Cauliflower
- 2 to 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 to 4 pieces Tomato
- 5 to 6 pieces Green chilli
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seed
Prepare Rice For Veg Biryani (First Step)
- Making veg Biryani is divided it’s in three steps. We prepared rice and then prepared vegetables gravy and then layered all this and baked at low-temperature.
- To make rice firstly take a non-stick pan and pour water into it. Put it on the gas stove and switch on the gas. Boil it on high flame.
- Then pour crushed one Badi, elaichi, four pieces of cloves, two-piece chhoti elaichi, seven to eight black pepper, two-piece cardamom and four to five pieces of javitri in it. Cover a lid to the pan and boil it till the flavour of the spices mix in the boiled water.
- Now pour salt according to its taste. Then add washed basmati rice to it and further cook.
- After some time when the basmati rice will be half cooked and all flavours mixed in it then switch off the gas. Stain water from the rice and remove the lid over the pan. The rice is prepared for veg biryani.
Vegetable's Gravy (Second Step)
- Now for making vegetable gravy firstly chop capsicum, beans, cauliflower and carrot into small pieces. Chopped the onions in Julian shape and cut paneer into small pieces. Take a jar and pour tomatoes, garlic and ginger and grind it.
- Nowtake a kadahi. Put it on the gas stove and heat it on medium flame. Pour two tablespoonsof oil and heat it. After heating the oil, pour one pinch of cumin seeds intoit and stir till the cumin seeds pop.
- Then pour chopped onion and fry it. Now add ground tomatoes, garlic and ginger paste and stir it. Then add green chilli to it and fry it well.
- Add Spices – Now add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder and dhania powderin it. Then add black pepper powder, garam masala, Kashmiri Mirch and Kitchen King masala in it.
- Fry them well and add salt to them according to their taste. Fry them and add Kasturi methi to them for their flavour taste. Again fry them for some seconds until the aroma of spices smells good.
- Now add little water and boil. Then after adding chopped vegetables to it and cooking them. After some minutes remove it from the gas stove and switch off the gas. Now the vegetable gravy is ready for making to veg biryani.
Layrering (Third Step)
- Now in the third step ready to layering altogether rice and vegetable gravy. Take a baking dish and grease it with butter. For layering put the first layer with half-cooked rice, spread it on the base, then put vegetable gravy, then again rice, then vegetable gravy, then rice and then in the upper part spread fried onions and fried Kaju on it.
- Now wrapped it in aluminium foil and put it into the microwave on convection mode. Bake it for about 25 minutes at 18 degrees Celsius. Now remove it from the microwave and veg biryani is ready for eating. We can serve veg biryani on a serving plate with onion‘s rayta.
Let’s enjoy and fresh your mood with this awesome flavour recipe.😊😊
I made it this way only and it was super delicious 😋
Thanks for the lovely recipe and do share more
Wao dekhne me hi itna awesome lg rha to khane me kitna hoga I will try this recipe 😋😋😋😋😋😋
Today is my son’s birthday and so I have invited all our guests my home for dinner. After I came across this post by you I decided to try it and following your steps I could really make it very well. All at home appreciated my biryani thank you so much.